Saturday 12 February 2011

Spacecraft

This afternoon when I was in town I popped in to Spacecraft, which is a craft shop, exhibition and gallery space in the Fountain Centre in College Street, between Fountain Street and Queen Street.  You go up the escalator and then turn left.

It is run by a Craft & Design Collective and they have a wide range of beautiful items for sale - ceramics, textiles, glass, prints, jewellery etc.  If you are looking for an interesting gift for someone, perhaps for a special occasion, I would suggest a visit to Spacecraft. 

For more information about the collective and about Spacecraft, you can check out their website at http://www.craftanddesigncollective.com/.

While I was in the shop I was talking to the assistant and also to a young man who was installing a new IT system for stock control and marketing etc.  This has been funded through the Creative Industries Investment Fund, which was created by my department, so it was good to see at first hand one example of what the fund has supported.

There are 125 members in the collective but I believe there is great potential to grow the craft sector in Northern Ireland and to create more employment.

No comments:

Post a Comment